If you are a new patient, the first step to get to the bottom of your food sensitivities is to schedule an Initial Naturopathic Consultation - (403) 609-8385. Testing can be done during the first visit and results take around 10 days to come in from the lab.
FOOD TEST PANELS
120 - 200 FOOD PANELS - $260 - $370
IgG FOOD LIST LINK FROM ROCKY MOUNTAIN ANALYTICAL LABS
* Best results for children over 4 years old.
WHY TAKE THE TEST? WHAT SYMPTOMS ARE COMMONLY IMPACTED BY FOOD SENSITIVITIES?
Working with you to make sure that your diet supports your health is foundational for NDs. This test assesses what foods might be stressing your body creating symptoms of overload such as inflammation, chronic headaches, increased acne, depression, anxiety, seasonal allergies, frequent colds, weight gain, anxiety, fatigue, mood swings, morning sluggishness, water retention, colic in young ones, skin conditions and of course digestive issues.
Common foods that come up high in the testing are gluten, dairy and eggs but I've seen garlic and sesame seeds and some fruits and vegetables come up also - it really is so individual.
* PREGNANT/BREAST-FEEDING? If you are pregnant or breastfeeding this test is extremely valuable for you and your growing baby for several reasons. Eliminating problem foods will give you more energy and affect your mood. 'Nuf said (!) but there's more as ingesting these foods set your baby up to have problems with these foods. How it works is the immune-mediated responses from incompatible foods can be passed on to baby in utero and through breast milk - so baby gets all the good immune protection (which we want!) but also your food sensitivities. You need all the energy you can get as a mom (!) and a healthy foundation digestive wise sets your child up for success on all levels from brain health to strong immunity.
**Covered by many extended insurance companies and health spending accounts.
Other in-office tools we use to get crystal clear on the foods that are best for your body and to address any nutritional deficiencies right off the bat include:
- Blood type Analysis - included in consult at no extra charge
- Nutri-body Questionnaire & Analysis for a complete overview of your Current Nutritional Status (& what to do to get you feeling your best again!) Fee waived for Open to Wellness clients.
- Nutritional Physical Exam - your skin, hair and nail health are some of the outer physical signs that tell us the state of the internal organs. We look at these to catch imbalances early so you can feel better overall for longer. Included in consult as needed.