Golden Milk Tea
Instructions & Ingredients
1. Combine and warm up (on low heat) 2 cups almond/other milk, 1 tsp ghee or coconut oil, 1 tsp honey (as needed), 1 tsp tumeric powder, 1 tsp ginger powder, 1 tsp cardamon, sprinkle of black pepper, 1/2 tsp nutmeg (fresh nutmeg is best - you just grate the whole nut!).
2. Stir so it doesn't stick to the pot and enjoy - before bed or as part of an afternoon couch snuggle fest! (p.s. - throwing it into the blender or hand blending it can give it some frothy over-the-top-greatness ... )
Rosehip Immune Tea
1 tsp of Rosehips per cup. Boil for 5 minutes, steep with lid on for 10, strain and drink before bed - calming for you and your child's nervous system and nutritive for the immune system. You can add a favourite berry tea or honey to taste!
Simple Spiced Apple Cider
1 - 64 oz Apple Cider
2 Lemons, juiced
2 Cinnamon Sticks
1. Place all the ingredients (including the juiced lemon halves) in
a saucepan and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
2. Serve (obviously don't ladle the cloves, cinnamon or lemons into the cups!).
Mock Egg Nog
- 1 cup unsweetened flax milk
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- ¼ tsp fresh, ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- (optional) ¼ tsp ghee/butter
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1 serving of a vanilla protein shake ( 2 scoops)
To make, add the milk and the protein powder to your blender. Blend it up and add the dates, cashews and spices. Keep blending adding in the ice. Blend it until it is smooth and enjoy! Easy. (-:
Festive Kid-Friendly Chai (no caffeine)
1.5 c. unsweetened coconut milk/almond milk/other
1.5 c. pure water
1 cinnamon stick
Seeds from 5 cardamon pods
1/8 t. fennel seeds
Pinch grated nutmeg
1 t. vanilla
Stevia as desired
- Combine water and milk in a pot and bring to a simmer.
- Add herbs and spices and simmer for between 15-60 minutes depending on the desired strength.
- Add stevia prior to serving. Makes 2 servings. Doubles/quadruples easily!
Chaga Chocolate Milk/Tea
First make a batch of Chaga tea. A-mazing for your immune system and liver. Both systems that will enjoy some TLC at this time of year ...
To make the tea, add a handful of pieces of Chaga to 1 L of water and bring to a boil. Let the Chaga simmer until the water turns a red-brown (at least an hour is recommended - the longer the more of the medicinal goodness you get out of it).
After straining the Chaga, add the following ingredients to 1 cup of the tea and warm it all up to the temperature you'd like. (Again, frothing it up before serving increases the enjoyment factor !)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk/almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw cacao
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cinnamon as desired
To a yummy, healthy holiday! xo, Dr. Monika