Tasty Berry Pie
Preheat oven to 375 F
Make Nut Crust (can use this crust for any pie)
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup rice/barley/other flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of oil (grapeseed/organic Canola)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup agar flakes (at Nutters/Save-On - high on Calcium)
- 2 cups blueberry juice or apple juice
- 1/3 cup arrowroot
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
1. Grind oats, almonds, salt and cinnamon in blender/food processor.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour with the oat mixture.
3. Add the oil and maple syrup and mix into a soft dough. Press into pie plate.
4. Bake at 375 F for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool while preparing the filling.
5. Mix arrowroot and maple syrup in a small bowl and set aside. Heat the juice and agar and stir till agar is fully dissolved. Add the arrowroot-maple syrup mix and stir until slightly thick. Turn off heat.
6. Add the blueberries and mix well. Pour into baked crust and put in fridge for about 2 hours.
A delicious and easy recipe that can be served as a breakfast dish or dessert.
- 5 cups bite size pear pieces
Flour Nut Mixture
- 1 cup flour (rice, amaranth, millet, almond)
- ½ tsp. whole salt
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 2 Tbs. water
- 2 Tbs. maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl. Add oil and sweetener; mix well. Stir in nuts and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine water (2 Tbsp), maple syrup (2 Tbsp) and vanilla (2 tsp); set aside.
- Slice fruit and place in a lightly oiled pie pan or an 8 by 8 inch baking dish.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the fruit and toss gently.
- Spoon the flour nut mixture evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more to crisp the topping.
Ingredients (20-24 cookies)
- 1 cup ground nuts (walnuts, cashews, pistachios, pecans, etc. Whatever makes your mouth water)
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Mix ingredients.
- Drop rounded half teaspoons of batter onto a cookie sheet lined with foil (shiny side up).
- Bake at 300° F for 12-20 minutes. Keep an eye on to prevent burning.
- Allow cookies to cool and then peel off carefully and ... enjoy! (-: