As my son grows we connect in different ways. One thing we love to do together these days is cook. We doubled this recipe and enjoyed these meatballs for dinner and then they made great after school healthy snacks. If your child's school is nut free these would be a perfect little 'school food' addition!
Turkey Meatball Recipe
- Coconut oil, for pan (1-2 Tbsp)
Preheat oven to 400 F
Mix these 8 ingredients together by hand (set the extra almond flour to the side to roll balls in).
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 egg
- 1 yellow onion, grated
- ¼ cup almond flour to mix in with meat (plus ½ cup almond flour to roll meatballs in)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian parsley
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
Sugar-Free Marinara Sauce (or any sauce you like - plain is yum too!)
- Form meatball ingredients into 1- 2" balls
- Roll balls in almond flour.
- Heat pan over medium heat and melt coconut oil.
- Let brown 4 minutes(ish) on each side.
- Place browned balls on cookie sheet in oven and bake meatballs for 25 minutes.
- Top with sauce or dip of your choice and enjoy! (-: