Inspired by Dr. Axe's recipe! Nutball recipes have been one of the quick, healthy go-tos for hikes and outings with the kids and myself for some time. Whatever your favourite nutball recipe is experiment with adding some of the Vital Proteins collagen peptides into them to increase the goodness without sacrificing the yum!
1 cup medjool dates (best dates ever!)
1½ cups pecans, 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides
½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Grind pecans and add chopped up dates and process further. When smooth, add hemp seeds and coconut and continue to blend.
2. Roll into balls and refrigerate till hard (about an hour).
Pack 'em up and head out on your little or big adventure knowing you've got some nutritious yum to help keep the energy and mood of the troops up. (-: Enjoy!
PS - Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides 20 oz and Travel Packs are ordered monthly at the office. Call to be part of our next order if you need some.
ENERGY BALLS (Inspired by No Excuses Nutrition)
- 3/4 cup natural almond or cashew butter or hazelnut butter
- 3/4 cup pitted medjol dates
- 1/2 cup Vital collagen peptides
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. ghee
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 tbsp. cacao nibs (optional)*
- Chop up the dates (we use scissors) and mix together with the nut butter in food processor or if you don'r have one mash up with a fork. Add a little coconut milk/water if it needs a bit of help mixing together.
- Add collagen powder (or almond flour), coconut, ghee, vanilla extract , and salt and mix it up with whatever tools you have (we went old school and just had a fork and then our hands when we first made these!). Again, if it feels too dry, add a spoonful or so of water or non-dairy milk.
- Stir in cacao nibs.
- Roll mixture into little round balls.
- Can freeze for 20 minutes or keep in fridge where (apparently) it will last one week. Ahem... you can also apparently store it in the freezer for a month ... we wouldn't know ... (seriously super addictive AND good for your hair, skin, muscles, bones ... yah!)