This is an oldie but a goodie.
When I first graduated from Naturopathic Med School I loved teaching cooking workshops and my partner in teaching, Cathy Maniwa and I came up with this dessert's name one evening ... and it has stuck ... let us know if you agree with the name after giving it a taste. (-:
I had never used cardamon in a recipe before this and since have loved adding it to smoothies and stirfries --- this dish is where I still like it the best though ... you?
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Grate 2 cups orange sweet potatoes (we're going to say these are 'yams' because of the dish's name and all)
3. Melt 1/3 cup ghee/coconut butter (ghee is our favourite by far for this one)
4. Add the grated yams to the pan of heated ghee, stirring to coat.
5. Transfer ghee and yam mix to a large casserole and stir in 1 cup rice/coconut/nut milk, 3/4 raisins and 1-2 tsp ground cardamom.
5 Bake at 400F approximately 30 min.
6. Remove from oven and stir in 1/2 cup ground almonds and 10 strands saffron.
7. Let everything in that casserole mingle for as long as you can take it before jumping in and enjoying the goodness. This does taste really good the next day too (apparently) but yeah ... in our house we wouldn't know! (-: Yummy x 100 folks ...