A delicious and easy recipe that can be served as a breakfast dish or even dessert.
1 cup flour (rice, amaranth, millet)
½ tsp sea salt
¼ cup oil
¼ cup maple syrup
1/3 cup chopped cashews
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp maple syrup or brown rice syrup
2 tsp vanilla
5 cups bite size sliced pears
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour and salt together in a bowl. Add oil and sweetener; mix well. Stir in nuts and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine water, syrup and vanilla; set aside.
- Slice fruit and place in a lightly oiled pie pan or an 8 by 8 inch baking dish.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the fruit and toss gently.
- Spoon the flour nut mixture evenly over the top of the fruit.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes more to crisp the topping.